The Benefits of Travel on “Palmetto 1” and “Palmetto 2”
Effective time management is critical to the success of any organization. This is especially true for state government because lost time equals lost dollars. The State of South Carolina, through Aeronautics, is able to move key personnel around the state and the U. S. more efficiently than by automobile or commercial airlines, and is less expensive than aircraft charter services. Aeronautics can provide air transportation to most locations in the Palmetto State or across the nation. One or two DAYS travel can be accomplished in one or two HOURS of flight. Today’s executives agree that time is their most valuable resource and air transportation saves time and maximizes productivity.
Aeronautics provides the following:
- Travel flexibility and mobility
- Accesses locations not served by commercial airlines
- Provides utilization of private airtime to prepare for meetings, to fine tune presentations, or hold private conferences
- Provides indirect cost savings by efficient use of time - no overnight expenses
- Reliable transportation with comfort of KNOWING your flight crew
- Hassle free TSA screening-no passenger searches, long lines, or invasive screenings
- When three or more persons travel, the users will breakeven or save money over the cost of a short notice airline ticket, depending on the destination
Cities, Times, and Costs
* Approximate “One-way Trip” travel times and costs from Columbia (airport landing and parking fees not included)
|King Air 350 (N1SC) 9 passengers||King Air C90 (N2SC) 6 passengers|
|Raleigh-Durham||:50||$1,045.00||Hilton Head Island||:45||$640.00|
|Washington/Dulles||1:35||$1,980.00||Myrtle Beach Area||:45||$640.00|
*APPROXIMATE TIMES AND COSTS ARE BASED ON A ONE-WAY FLIGHT.
MOST FLIGHTS REQUIRE RETURN TRIPS.
NOTE: RETURN FLIGHT COSTS, AIRPORT LANDING FEES AND PARKING FEES NOT INCLUDED.
The actual flight time may vary due to weather conditions and/or air traffic congestion at various airports. The “TAXI” time is not charged, only the actual “Flight Time”. Taxi times may vary also due to weather, air traffic, and policies at various airports.
Billable Hourly Rates
King Air 350 (N1SC) $1250.00 Per Hour
King Air C90 (N2SC) $850.00 Per Hour