The pavement maintenance program offers the following:
- Narrow pavement crack sealing
- Wide pavement crack sealing
- Silicone joint sealing (concrete slabs)
- Pavement marking
- Pavement marking removal
- Pavement marking cleaning
- Pavement cleaning – FOD removal
- Fuel resistant sealers
The three Indefinite Delivery Contract (IDC) contractors continue to be:
- Hasco, Inc.
- Pace Pavement Technologies
- Applied Polymerics, Inc.
The unit costs quoted above are the average costs of all three IDC contractors.
NaturChem continues to provide vegetation management services as detailed below:
- Fence-line Treatment – killing of weeds/grasses along runways including soil sterilization along fence-lines.
- Fire Ant Control – provide protection around airfield lighting and electrical equipment.
- Airfield Lighting Bare Ground Application – killing of weeds/grasses including soil sterilization around airfield lighting.
- Pavement Vegetation Control – killing of weeds/grasses including soil sterilization of the pavement cracks.
- Grassing – establish by over-seeding, seed drilling, seed matting, or hydro seeding.
- Fertilizing – fertilizing to maintain a healthy stand of grass.
- Vegetation Growth Regulation - growth treatments of the turf areas and selective weeding. Annual three step application.
- Wetland Vegetation Management – environmentally safe methods of chemical control of wetland vegetation.
- Aerial Herbicide Application – provide aerial herbicide vegetation control application to areas not easily reached by ground equipment or to areas that are environmentally sensitive.
- Small Tree and Underbrush Removal – removal of trees and brush with a stem diameter of twelve inches or less, by mechanical means.
- Erosion Control – project methods and scoping approved on a case-by-case basis, negotiable rate.
- Storm Water Facilities – maintenance and limited repairs to storm water devices based on project scope of services and methods of repair.
All aforementioned programs are eligible on a 75/25 cost sharing basis, (75 percent SCAC, 25 percent sponsor). The NaturChem contract allows for a treatment of airfield grasses to restrict growth, using a three step process; however, as like last year, we are unable to financially participate in this program.
Should you have any questions or need additional information, please contact Jamey Kempson below.
Airport Maintenance and NAVAID Engineer