The pavement maintenance program offers the following:
- Narrow pavement crack sealing – Less than 2 inches wide, $0.85 per linear foot
- Wide pavement crack sealing – Greater than 2 inches wide, $2.50 per linear foot
- Silicone joint sealing (concrete slabs) - $3.25 per linear foot
- Pavement marking - $0.32 per square foot
- Pavement marking removal – High pressure water blasting, $0.98 per square foot
- Pavement marking removal – Milling or grinding, $0.60 per square foot
- Pavement marking removal – Chemical, $0.93 per square foot
- Pavement marking cleaning - $0.20 per square foot
- Pavement cleaning – Foreign object debris (FOD) removal, $0.20 per square foot
Pace Pavement Technologies and HASCO Inc. are the selected statewide contractors.
Vegetation management programs encompass the following:
- Fence-line Treatment – killing of weeds/grasses along runways including soil sterilization along fence-lines, $0.12 per linear foot
- Fire Ant Control – provide protection around airfield lighting and electrical equipment, $1.58 per light
- Airfield Lighting Bare Ground Application – killing of weeds/grasses including soil sterilization around airfield lighting, $3.37 per light
- Pavement Vegetation Control – killing of weeds/grasses including soil sterilization of the pavement cracks, $180.00 per acre
- Grassing – establish by over-seeding, seed drilling, seed matting, or hydro seeding, $1,524.60 per acre
- Fertilizing – fertilizing to maintain a healthy stand of grass, $138.00 per acre
- Vegetation Growth Regulation - growth treatments of the turf areas and selective weeding. Annual three step application, $45.00 per acre
- Wetland Vegetation Management – environmentally safe methods of chemical control of wetland vegetation, $225.00 per acre
- Aerial Herbicide Application – aerial herbicide vegetation control application to areas not easily reached by ground equipment or to areas that are environmentally sensitive, $149.95 per acre
- Small Tree and Underbrush Removal – removal of trees and brush with a stem diameter of twelve inches or less, by mechanical means, $4,500.00 per acre
- Erosion Control – project methods and scoping approved on a case-by-case basis, negotiable rate.
- Storm Water Facilities – maintenance and limited repairs to storm water devices based on project scope of services and methods of repair.
NaturChem is the approved statewide contractor.
All aforementioned programs are eligible on a 75/25 cost sharing basis, (75 percent SCAC, 25 percent sponsor).
Should you have any questions or need additional information, please contact Jamey Kempson below.
Airport Maintenance and NAVAID Engineer